Ginger in any form. When I knew we were cooking with ginger I wanted to share with you these Donna Hay ginger cookies. They are so very tasty and another easy one to make. I have Bloged about these cookies before here.
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup plain ( all-purpose) flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
150g butter melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
Preheat oven to 180C 350F. Place the oats, sugar, flour and ginger, in a bow and mix until combined. Add butter,egg, and orange mix until combined. Place tablespoon of the mixture onto lined baking trays, leaving room for the crisps to spread. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden Allow crisps to cool on tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 24.
The theme this month is Ginger! Dried and ground, candied, fresh--if you like ginger in your cookies you have come to the right place! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes--be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Ginger Curry Sugar Cookies from The Spiced Life
- Favourite Gingerbread Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Vegan Ginger Cookies with Cardamom from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Ginger Chocolate Ninja Cookies from NinjaBaking
- Ginger Lemon Sandwich Cookies from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Buttery Ginger Shortbread Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pepparkakor-- Swedish Ginger Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Oat, Orange and Ginger Crisps from Made with Love
- Séches aux Gingembre from Food Lust People Love
- Ginger Sour Cream Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Ginger Molasses Cutout Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Chewy Ginger Cookies from Spiceroots
- Chocolate - Ginger Chewies from Baking in Pyjamas
- Orange Ginger Cookies from Indian Curries/stew
- Refrigerator Ginger Cookies from DessertStalking Blog